To have Hari and/or Karl speak at your next event, contact us.
Hari and Karl as part of the SustainFloyd Tiny House Tour panel discussion, May, 2014.
Hari organized and emceed TEDxFloyd, April, 2013.
We opened the conference with an hour-long talk about tiny house living.
We inspire folks to action–taking clear steps to realizing their dreams. Having us speak at your workshop, conference or festival puts a real-life spin on the tiny house movement. We prove that families can build their own homes without a mortgage.
We speak about
- Recovering from financial ruin–reevaluating the “American Dream”
- Debt-free living
- Abandoning consumer culture
- Mindful money
- Mindful living and relationship building in the context of your space
- Finding room for solitude, creativity and self-care in a small space
- Fully inhabiting your space
- Maximum space utilization
- Parenting and family life in a tiny house
- Cooking tiny
- Food preservation
- Kitchen management
Building and Design
- Tiny and small house design
- Owner-building tiny and small houses
- Solo building techniques
- Salvaging and finding deals
- Organizing a “barn raising” (group work day)
- Minimal-waste building practices
- Codes and zoning
- Working with your building department
Enrollment is now open for the fall session of our eCourse. We'll get started on September 20, 2014. Read about the course and register here!
If this timing isn't right for you,
sign up for our newsletter
to be informed of future sessions.